Kylian Mbappé is currently the most expensive footballer on earth. The researchers from the agency CIES Football Observatory put together a top 100 of the most valuable players from the five major leagues in Europe. The 21-year-old attacker from Paris Saint-Germain is worth almost 260 million euros.
Mbappé is so expensive, according to the agency, due to his young age and contract, which will run until the summer of 2023. Attackers Raheem Sterling from Manchester City (194 million euros) and Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund (179 million) complete the top 3.
Of course, it remains to be seen whether there are clubs that want to meet the transfer fees as charged by the agency in this corona crisis. With 43 players in the top 100, the Premier League is best represented.
Five Red Devils are included in the top 100, but the first is only in 30th place: Romelu Lukaku. Teams currently have to pay 90.3 million euros for the striker of Inter, according to the Observatory.
Lionel Messi (32) and Cristiano Ronaldo (35) are getting further and further down the list due to their age. The Argentinian of Barcelona is 22nd with a value of 100.1 million. For Ronaldo, we already have to go back to 70th place. The Portuguese still has a price tag of 62.8 million euros.
87 million euros would stick to the head of Neymar (28), PSG paid 222 million euros for the Brazilian three years ago. Never has a player cost more.
Below are the top 10 players
- Kylian Mbappé (Fra – PSG) – EUR 259.2 million
- Raheem Sterling (Eng – Man City) – EUR 194.7 million
- Jadon Sancho (Eng – Borussia Dortmund) – EUR 179.1 million
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Eng – Liverpool) – EUR 171.1 million
- Marcus Rashford (Eng – Man United) – EUR 152.3 million
- Mohamed Salah (Egy – Liverpool) – EUR 144.9 million
- Sadio Mané (Sen – Liverpool) – EUR 139.2 million
- Antoine Griezmann (Fra – Barcelona) – EUR 136.4 million
- Alphonso Davies (Can – Bayern Munich) – EUR 133.5 million
- Harry Kane (Eng – Tottenham) – 118.7 million euros