Tips

These people died by electrocution via earphone of their smartphones

Some people still doubt about the electrocution via earphone of smartphone while some ignore the warning and referred it as mere speculations. But people have been reportedly died through the act of using earphone while the phone is charging.

Below are some of the details of those that have reportedly died by the electrocution via the earphone of the smartphones.

In Malaysia A 16-year-old boy was killed by electrocution via the earphones of his smartphone. The phone was in the socket, charging before the incident occurred. At least four people died in the same way this year.

Mohammed Zaharin from Rembau in Malaysia lay unconscious on the floor and felt cold when he was found in their house in the morning by his mother. Blood ran out of his left ear. A picture of it (see here) was distributed by the authorities to warn others. A medical examination revealed that the 16-year-old had no injury, except the burns on his left ear. The autopsy confirmed that he died by electrocution. The adolescent listened to the earphones of his smartphone while it was charging.

His brother felt a small electric shock when he touched the charging cable, which may indicate a defect. It is not clear which brand and model of device the boy used.

Three people died the same way this year

In February, the Brazilian student Luiza Pinheiro (17) was found dead on the floor in her house, after a “huge electric charge” through her headphones in her ears. Her phone was also charging while she was wearing the earphone on her ears.

In May, a 46-year-old woman was electrocuted in the Indian village of Kanathur after falling asleep while listening to music. The local police indicated a short-circuit as a possible cause. A month later, a 22-year-old Indian from Pandyo listened to music from a plugged-in cell phone, while the electricity in his house was cut off. When the power was turned on again, the man got an electric shock through his headphones and was killed.

And in 2014, an Australian woman (28) was found dead in her home in North Gosford. She too was electrocuted. She used a USB cable to charge her phone while listening to music with headphones. A defect was then detected on its charger, which also did not comply with Australian standards.

Tags

Nzegwu

Nzegwu I. from Nigeria, I am a content writer and freelancer. A graduate of Anambra State University, with a B.Eng. and other certs in different fields. I love group discussion, travelling and making friends. You can find my contents here. Feel free to mail me. Email: nzegwu@afrinik.com Call: +2349056016522

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close